We are an award winning social enterprise specialising in using the outdoors to facilitate growth in the lives of young people.
We are skilled in working with students who find the classroom environment a challenge. We work daily with students educated outside of school and we have an excellent reputation for our work with looked after children and individuals with Autistic Spectrum and Anxiety Disorders. We work with LEA’s, PRU’s, Schools and parents to design and implement interventions to support young people.
Our success is predicated on three main principles:
- Our outdoor location is a wonderfully varied place providing safe spaces and an environment that brings learning to life.
- We aim to develop nurturing and supportive relationships with adults and peers
- We offer a vast range of activities – most of them practical and/or physical providing opportunities for our students to develop interests, open up to new adventures and foster hope for their future.
The intervention programmes at Path Hill Outdoors continue to evolve. There are currently three programmes that we feel are appropriate for students finding the classroom a challenge:
- One to One programme– a one staff to one student programme for young people who need
- Re-engagement groups – students from the same school or organisation participate in a series of days focusing on team building and bespoke curriculum enrichment activities.
- The Path Hill Outdoors Certificate of Excellence – a small group programme of four of five Year 10 and 11 students who attend Path Hill one day a week throughout the year focusing on developing social skills and resilience through outdoor activities.